Dr. Michael J. Hughes specializes
in the practice of Chiropractic Medicine and Clinical Nutrition. He is a
Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician, and a Diplomat in the American Board
of Chiropractic Orthopedics.
- Southern Illinois University, 1975
- Palmer College of Chiropractic, Doctor of Chiropractic, 1978; Served as Anatomy
- Certified, Chiropractic Sports Physician, National College of Chiropractic
- Certified, Independent Medical Examinations in Chiropractic, Logan Chiropractic College
- Diplomate, National Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- Diplomate, American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics
- Extensive training in Neurology as it applies to receptor base therapeutics.
- Industrial Safety Consultant, Jackson Area Businesses, Jackson, Michigan
- American Chiropractic Association
- Michigan Association of Chiropractors, Member
- American College of Chiropractic Orthopedists
- Chairman, Advanced Education, Michigan Chiropractic Society, 1988-1992
- Team physician for Jackson Semi-Pro Football Team and local high school sports teams.
Dr. Scott Tenniswood was born in Morgantown, West Virginia, and after a few relocations (including living in Buenos Aires, Argentina for two years) his family settled in the Jackson, Michigan area where he spent the majority of his childhood through undergraduate years. He is the son of an electrical engineer and grandson of a mechanical engineer and it is perhaps through their mentoring which inspired him to want to understand the biomechanical aspects of the human body. After receiving chiropractic care in middle school (from Dr. Michael Hughes) his curiosity deepened and he was more intrigued with this natural approach to healthcare. He received his doctoral degree from Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport Iowa, which is known as the ‘fountainhead” of chiropractic, and is where Chiropractic got its origins over 100 years ago.
After graduating from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1994, Dr. Scott accepted an associate position in a small town called Marion, Wisconsin, which is about an hour west of Green Bay. It is here that he continued to hewn his skills as a good listener, educator and healer. He relocated to the La Crosse, Wisconsin area in 1997 where he practiced as a sole proprietor of Tenniswood Family Chiropractic until October of 2015. He decided it was time to come back to his roots and surround himself with family and old friends again and relocated to the Jackson, Michigan area.
As a doctor with experience, Dr. Scott is committed to promoting the health and well-being of his patients. He uses a “whole person approach”. This approach to wellness utilizes many different angles and has required him to treat every patient uniquely. Lifestyles with technology yielding poorer posture and diets that are nutrient deficient have drastically altered the human physiology and thus have required him to adjust his paradigm to reflex these changes. Through chiropractic care, including spinal manipulation, nutritional counseling, home care exercises and lifestyle adjustments, Dr. Scott wants to accelerate your journey to optimal health.
Away from the office, Dr. Scott is an outdoor enthusiast. He enjoys gardening, hunting sports (particularly bow hunting), fishing, boating, traveling or simply just relaxing and taking the serenity of the outdoors in.
He loves spending time with his wife and best friend Kami as well as their three children, Tyler, Ariel and Sadie. They all keep him smiling, happy and so very blessed to have them in his life.